Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Not much time...

Only 25 days until I leave! I can't believe the day is finally coming.
I called the PC travel office and booked my tickets on monday. I will be leaving at 6:45AM from Greenville. I'll fly to Atlanta and then to Miami where I will go through the "staging event," which is apparently sort of an informational run down of lots of important stuff. There's going to be around 25 other Volunteers there! :) We will all leave together the next morning (24th). It'll be a straight shot from Miami to St. Lucia. We will train together for a few days and then everyone will go to their respective islands and continue training for around 2 months. For those first two months I will be staying with a St. Lucian family and learning Creole!
I am super excited to get started. And of course I'm also nervous... about lots of things: taking the right stuff, learning everything I need to, learning the language (creole is nowhere close to arabic and german!!), etc etc.
These next few weeks are going to be insane. I have lots of shopping to do and prioritizing (what to take/ what not to take). I will also be trying to see as many people as possible! which is getting stressful! I've been trying to get my room organized and pack away things that will not be used while I'm away (I have way to much stuff :/).
I'm beginning to think about all the things I will miss... mountain biking, the RIVER!!, my car, all my friends and fam of course, my dogs :/, and much much more. But I will be introduced to many more things/ people that I will grow to love; I am sure of that. :)
So, just keep all this craziness in your prayers... I'd appreciate that. One way or another, I'm leaving on the 23rd!!

No comments:

Post a Comment